- 1.- Heat the oven to 180ºC. Melt 20 grams of margarine and cover the baking pan with the melted margarine. Prepare the sugar, water and cinnamon stick syrup by simmering for 4 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool. - Place all ingredients for the chocolate filling in a food processor, mash until coarsely and set aside. - Melt the rest of the vegetable margarine. Put the kataifi in a large bowl and pull it apart with your fingers. Cover with the melted butter and knead gently until the butter is evenly distributed over the kataifi. Put half of the kataifi in the baking tin and spread the chocolate filling over it. Top with the remaining kataifi and bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown. - Remove the kanafeh pie from the oven, top with the sugar syrup and let the pie rest for 30 minutes before serving. Garnish the cake with chopped pistachios and figs and serve with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream.
No reviews for this Repice
Ingredients, for the Chocolate filling.
- 3 tbsp. La Vida Vegan Protein caramel spread 150g almonds 150g pistachio 75g walnuts 1 tbsp. vanilla extract 4 figs
Ingredients, for the kataifi
- 400g kataifi 175g margarine butter
- For the syrup: 100g of sugar 100g of water 1 cinnamon stick
- For Garnishing: 100g pistachios 1 ltr. vegan vanilla ice cream 4 figs